- Thickness: ~2 microns per layer
- Superior resistance to scratching (hardness: 9H)
- High melting point (can be applied to calipers)
- 100 times thicker than a wax or sealant
- ~2-3 year paint protection
- Doesn’t breakdown or peels off
- Chemical resistance & less chance of etching
- Vehicle stays clean longer, and it’ll be easier to clean & maintain
Optimum Gloss-Coat is a high-tech polymer system that forms an extra layer of clear coat over painted surfaces, wheels, plastic trim, bumpers, aluminum, and chrome. Formulated by award-winning Dr. David Ghodoussi, Optimum Gloss-Coat is designed to provide unsurpassed resistance to etching caused by harsh detergents, and swirl marks that are often inflicted during the wash process. Surfaces that are coated with Optimum Gloss-Coat will be protected for up to two years.
Optimum Gloss-Coat is much like the clear coat that already exists on your vehicle, except it forms a shell of protection that is glossier, slicker, and less prone to wash-induced swirl marks and marring. Optimum Gloss-Coat creates a self cleaning finish that is considerably easier to clean and maintain compared to conventional waxes and sealants. Carnauba-wax lovers rejoice – Optimum formulated Gloss-Coat so you can top it with your favorite non-abrasive finishing wax.
Optimum Gloss-Coat can be applied to all exterior surfaces. It is not recommended for glass since improper application can affect visibility. For other exterior surfaces, Optimum Gloss-Coat is a highly effective, transparent protective coating.
Optimum Gloss-Coat can be applied to: Painted surfaces Wheels Plastic trim Bumpers Aluminum & chrome surfaces Optimum Gloss-Coat is an additional barrier between the elements and your vehicle's paint. The paint will retain its color and contaminants will be blocked out to keep the paint smooth and clean. Unlike waxes and paint sealants that require frequent reapplication, Optimum Gloss-Coat provides constant, unyielding protection for up to two years!
Because Optimum Gloss-Coat is semi-permanent, the paint finish has to be properly prepared before applying it. Any blemishes or contamination on the paint will be locked in so remove them first! On a properly prepared paint finish, Optimum Gloss-Coat will look clear, smooth, and clean.
Once Optimum Gloss-Coat cures, washing is the only maintenance needed to keep your vehicle looking fantastic. The coating can be clayed but it should not be necessary since Gloss-Coat releases contaminants easily. Use detail sprays as desired to intensify the gloss. You can top the coating with your favorite non-abrasive wax or sealant if you desire.
Cars: FROM $350
SUVs/Mini Vans: FROM $400
Full Size SUVs/Vans: FROM $500
1 day minimum
- High pressure rinse
- Vehicle foamed to loosen dirt & debris
- Wheels, tires, wells scrubbed clean
- Hand wash with 2 bucket method
- Clean door jambs
- Vehicle dried by towel/compressed air
- Chemical & mechanical removal of embedded contaminants (clay/iron x)
- All required preparation and high speed polishing of all paint to remove/repair all correctable defects such as scratches, oxidation etc…
- All paint receives 1 coat of Optimum Gloss-coat coating
- Exterior trim dressed and protected
- Windshield treated with Aquapel glass protectant
- Optimum 2 year product warranty (if maintained properly)
Numerous extra options and alternative treatments - such as glass sealants, wet sanding, wheels-off clean and protection, interior details and more - are available should you wish to add to the list above - see our Extras & Add-ons section for more details.
Please note that the price quoted above is a guideline only - the length of time required and the price for a Correction Detail will vary dependent on the size of the vehicle and the level of work required. Contact us for more details or to get your car booked in!